If you remember when I relaunched this blog on New Years Day, my first post was talking about my blog and social media goals for the year and what I’d like to achieve. If you missed that post you can catch it here. I mentioned that I would do a separate post with my Bucket List for this year.
We all use the term Bucket List for things we’d like to do, and don’t get me wrong, I’m using the term for this post but it’s not really a Bucket List, it’s more of a list of things I’d like to achieve this year and if I mange to cross something off my list then I will replace it with something else. I’d like to maybe revisit my list every 3 months and update you all on my process but no doubt there will be YouTube videos (you can subscribe to my channel here) and even blog posts of the things I get up to and complete.
What is on my list for 2019??
1. Scrapbooking, I have two on the go at the moment. One is Mason’s and one is for documenting my pregnancy, the arrival and life of the new baby. I was doing really well with both but then sort of stopped when I was bout 16 weeks pregnant. I really want to try and get back into them and do a page for each book everyday so that I don’t end up with lots to do and forgetting little details along the way.
2. I miss reading, I used to read all the time and I bought quite a few books over a year ago, possibly even 2 years ago and I’ve got them sat on a shelf just waiting to be read. So I’ve set myself a little goal of 1 book a month. If I can squeeze in 2 a month then fab, but i think 12 books for the year is acceptable especially to get me back into it.
3. I’d like to start doing little random acts of kindness every month. Why not cheer someone up and make their day just from doing something small. I have so many ideas of things I’d like to do. It’d be nice to do something every week, maybe even every day but at the moment if I can settle for 1 thing a month then I’m happy.
4. I’d like to take part in a Santa Dash. I did this years ago and had a great time so would love to do this again this year, and maybe get the kiddies involved too and hopefully raise some money for charity.
5. I’ve never been on a little girls weekend away anywhere, I’d really like to go away with either a couple of friends or with my mum, niece and sister and just have a good time and enjoying the company.
6. Meet some blogging friends, this is something that would be great to do. I’ve met so many amazing people on my blogging journey and have made some really great friends so would really like for that to happen.
7. I’m a massive musical theatre fan so I’d really like to try and make the most of the year and see how many theatre shows I can go and see. Wicked and Kinky Boots are both on my list to see.
8. Spend more time as a family and go on more fun days out. This is something that is really important to me, more so now I’m pregnant with my second baby. We used to do quite a lot as a family and go places but we’ve sort of stopped. The OH works quite a lot and then with the step-son being at his mum’s on certain days we’ve just not been able to do anything. This year I want us to experience more as a family and spend more time together, even if it’s playing games at home in the evenings.
9. Get myself registered as an organ donor. I’ve been thinking about this for such a long time and there’s so many people out there that need organ donors and people talk about it yet there doesn’t seem to be many registered. I’m all for if anything happens to me and you can use it to help someone in need them please take it. It could be someone’s child or anything. If it gives another person a second chance at enjoying life then I’m happy.
10. Do more travelling! I love going on holiday’s and weekends away, be it with the family or the OH. There’s nothing like going to different places and experiencing things. I’m a bit of a geek when it comes to going to places. I like doing all the touristy stuff. Visiting landmarks, museums and going on tours. It doesn’t even have to be abroad I’m happy to spend a weekend away here in the UK.
11. Take up walking again. I always try and walk everywhere and would walk to and from work everyday. But being 35 weeks pregnant at the moment it’s becoming a bit of a struggle. Even walking the dog hurts after a little. So as soon as this baby arrives I’d like to start walking again. Maybe even take up the #walk1000mileschallenge. It’s such a great way to stay fit without having to fork out money for gym fees every month.
12. Be super organised for Christmas 2019!! I would like to have this years Christmas, organised and planned by August this year. I say this every single year and I still don’t do it. We’ve had no visits to Santa, no Christmassy days out planned and everything was so last minute with Christmas just gone that I don’t want the stress and worry this year. I want us to have fun and really enjoy it this year. Even if that means buying tickets to things during the summer then that is what I shall do. I want us to enjoy go to a Panto or 2 as well this year.
13. Spending more time with the OH. This is something we don’t do enough and it puts a bit of a strain on our relationship. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve been through so much together and love each other but I feel as though we’re losing that bond we had that was once so strong. This year I’d like to change that. I want us to do more things as a couple and have a night or 2 away if we can. I think it’s such an important thing in any relationship. You do start getting too comfortable with each other after 8 years of being together and you do kind of lose a little bit of that spark. I want to bring that back in 2019, and remind each other of the people we fell in love with at the beginning. He’s my Lobster!!
14. Become a regular blood donor again this year! I had to stop giving blood when I found out I was pregnant but I’d really like to be able to start again this year after baby is born. It’s been a pain knowing I’ve been unable to donate and my dad can. It started turning into something we did together, a daddy-daughter thing every few months.
15. HAVE MORE FUN!!! Stop being so bloody boring and laugh more, do more fun things with the kids even if it gets messy!! Have more fun days out! Just to have fun more this year in everything and with everyone!!
So there you have the top 15 things I’d like to achieve in life this year. It’s a bit of a variety but they say variety is the spice of life and I know the most of them are family things but these are the things I think we need to do more of this year.
Have you got a little bucket list on the go?? What have you put on yours??
Lots of Love